Here's a look back on our dinners since I last posted:
Saturday- I honestly don't remember. Must have been pretty boring.
Sunday- Amazing Chicken Alfredo with mushrooms (Too bad I forgot to take pictures.)
Monday- Baked pork chops (nothing fancy, just Shake & Bake,) mixed veggies and the star, French Onion Potatoes.
Tuesday- Hot Dogs, well chili dogs if you're Jon.
This post is about the star of the show on Monday, French Onion Potatoes. These potatoes are super simple and easy to make and super yummy.
French Onion Potatoes
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 40 mins
Red Potatoes (number depends on the number of servings you want)
Lipton Onion Soup Mix (1-2 envelopes)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare potatoes by cutting into 1 inch cubes. I use red potatoes, you can use Russets if you like. I used approx 4 lbs of potatoes, we like leftovers. :)
3. Spread potatoes on a sheet pan and cover liberally with olive oil. Once again the amount varies, I use less oil than the original recipe calls for. I think I use about a 1/4 cup for 4lbs of potatoes. You want the potatoes coated but not dripping with oil.
4. Cover potatoes with the soup mix. I used 1 envelope per 2lbs of potatoes.
5. Bake for approx 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked through and brown and crunchy on the outside.
I'm hoping to be back tomorrow posting about a new Spanish style rice recipe I'm trying.