Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

Well as I predicted, I didn't cook last night.  We had a fun, full day in Seattle and neither Jon or I wanted to cook.  We didn't go to Qdoba though, we went it our favorite local Mexican restaurant. 

Then comes today.  I was suppose to go grocery shopping today, then Jon decided to buy a new car.  I didn't go grocery shopping we went car shopping. So tonight we went to Red Robin for dinner.

I'm really tired of eating out a this point.  I vow to go grocery shopping tomorrow.  I also told Jon we won't be eating out for the next two weeks!

So I'm sure you're thinking, "If you didn't cook the last two nights, why are you blogging and why is your post titled 'Blueberry Muffins?'" Well, I'll tell you!  We still have a bunch of blueberries left over from our trip to the local blueberry farm last week so Jon decided he and Carter should make muffins.

While blueberry muffins aren't a dinner food, this recipe was too good to not pass on.  Plus Jon said the muffins were super easy to make.  The muffins turned out great.  The only modification we made was to skip the crumb topping.  I thought I would miss the topping, but I didn't.  The muffins had a nice sugary, crunchy top as is. 

Here's the link to the original recipe and here's how Jon and Carter made them:

To Die for Blueberry Muffins
Prep time 15 mins
Cook time 25 mins
Servings 9

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
                   
1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

2.  Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

3.  Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.               


1 comment:

  1. This looks like something even I could make! I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete