Thursday, September 15, 2011

Waffles

And for tonight's dinner... waffles!  Well, waffles, bacon and scrambled eggs.  We like having breakfast for dinner in our house.  We can never get our act together to have a real breakfast for breakfast so we make it for dinner.  I'm going to focus on the waffles.  Bacon and scrambled eggs are easy, well so are these waffles, but they are super yummy so you need to know about them!

I've made waffles from scratch and they were good, but not as good as the waffles I make using Trader Joe's Buttermilk Pancake mix.  This mix makes the best waffles I've ever had, hands down.  Plus a box is less that $2.00 and I can get two batches of waffles from one box.  Oh and they are super easy to make!


All you need is 3.5 cups of mix, 2 cups of water, 1/2 cup of oil and 2 eggs.  Mix until blended and away you go.

I use this waffle iron and I love it.  My waffle iron uses 1 cup of batter so I end up getting 5 waffles out of one batch.



The waffles take 2 minutes and 15 seconds to cook and come out perfectly.


Add your favorite toppings, here's ours


and life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment