Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Here we go...

I've wanted to write a "real" blog for years. I've started two, but didn't keep up with them. (One lasted two weeks, the other I never posted on. Not even once.) I recently decided to give it another try. I really took my time deciding what my newest blog should be about. I realized it had to be something I was passionate and excited to talk about, otherwise, like my other two blogs, I would get bored too quickly.

I've decided to blog about dinner. I make dinner for my family (typically) 6 times a week. I really like to cook and eat at home. With two small children, it's just easier to stay home than to eat at a resturant. We do eat out, there are just some things I just can't cook as well, Mexican rice for example, but it typically turns into more work than just staying home would have been.

I've always been told I am a good cook and people are always asking what I've made lately. I'm not claiming to be a chef. Most of my recipes come from an outside source, and I will be giving credit where credit is due. I love sharing yummy recipes and I love trying new things. We're also a family on a budget and short on time, so quick, afordable, yummy recipes are my favorite.

I'm going to be upfront and realistic, I may not be posting everyday. I'm going to try my hardest, but sometimes the four baskets of laundry staring at me are going to win the priority war. I'll do my best to post nightly, but my posts may turn into weekly recaps! (I'm telling you being a stay-at-home mom to two young boys is hard work!)

I hope you all enjoy this adventure with me. I'm really excited to get started-- let's see how a I feel in a week! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment