Sunday, July 31, 2011

Yum.

I love summer. I love summer because of eating outdoors. I love eating outdoors with friends at BBQs.
Tonight for dinner we were invited to a friends house for a BBQ. They provided the hamburgers and hotdogs, the guests provided the side dishes. I love side dishes. I didn't eat a hamburger or hot dog, I ate the side dishes.

I brought Cucumber and Dill salad. I discovered this recipe around the 4th of July. It is now my go to potluck dish. It's super easy, super yummy and relatively healthy. I also love it because it's light and refreshing.

Here's a link to the original recipe and here's how I make it when sharing:

Cucumber & Dill Summer Salad

1 Medium Onion Sliced Thin
2 Large English Cucumbers Sliced into Circles
2 teaspoons White Vinegar
3 Tablespoons Grape Seed Oil
Generous Amount Of Dill
Salt And Pepper, to taste

Slice onion and cucumber toss in a bowl with vinegar, dill, salt, pepper and grape seed oil. Chill before serving.

This will taste even better if you make it the night before and chill in the fridge overnight.



All I can say is yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment