Monday, August 15, 2011

Tip #1

I was blessed with a wonderful gift tonight, a night out.  I went to dinner and a movie with friends.  Not only did I not make dinner, I got to skip bedtime too!

So tonight I will share with you one of my favorite kitchen tips.

I'm by no means a pro in the kitchen.  I still have my struggles and I still have a ton to learn.  One of the things I'm beginning to master is time management when it comes to cooking more than one dish. 

There have been many times in the past when I've made two, three or four dishes only to have half of them be cold when served.  To combat this I've learned a little trick.  Turn your oven on to it's lowest setting, 170 degrees on our oven.

When you finish one dish, let's say bacon, but are still waiting on another dish, say waffles, pop the bacon in the oven to keep it warm.  This also works great for waffles.  Make one waffle, pop it in the oven while you make the next and repeat.

I also use this trick when making falafel or french fries.  When a batch of falafel is done, it goes into the oven.  When every things done cooking, the food is still warm! :)

I'll be making a real meal tomorrow, spaghetti with meat sauce from scratch.  Thanks for putting up with three nights of no recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment