Saturday, August 13, 2011

Tools of the Trade

I didn't cook tonight, we went out for dinner tonight.  Because I know you're dying to know where we went, I'll tell you.  We went to good ol' Old County Buffet.  It's not my favorite place, but it is Carter's. :)

I've decided when I don't cook I'm still going to blog.  I decided I'd share one of my favorite kitchen tips, talk about one of my favorite kitchen tools, discuss my method for menu planning and grocery shopping, or who knows what else I'll come with it.  It will be a surprise!

Tonight I want to share one of my favorite kitchen tools, my probe thermometer.

(Is is just me or does the picture look like a pregnancy test?)

I use my probe thermometers almost every night.  I have two instant read thermometers (like the picture above) and two oven probe thermometers.  I use my instant read thermometers for anything cooked on the stove and my oven thermometers for, you guessed it, anything cooked in the oven.

At this point, I've pretty good at knowing when meat is done, but my thermometers make sure I don't give anyone food poisoning.  They're my cooking insurance.

If you don't have a probe thermometer, get one.  They aren't that expensive, but they are worth their weight in gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment